Adobe Flash Player plug-in bug avoiding tool on Windows8.1
- Updating Windows8 to Windows8.1 makes the problem on Internet Explorer and Firefox browser's Flash Player plug-in's Movie playing.
- The problem is sound playing normally, but video frame updating stops in a second at the unspecified timing. (Perhaps heavy load decoding timing)
- Adobe knows this problem as this forum , but they can't reproduce it yet.
- As the forum's information, setting CPU affinity in TaskManager can resolve this problem temporarily. But manually setting change every time makes me tired, so I developed automatically affinity setting change tool.
This tool stays in a task tray and checks executing process per 5 seconds.
Firefox: If the plug-in executing process(FlashPlayerPlugin_*) is founded, change the process CPU affinity setting to 'CPU0' only.
Internet Explorer: Same as Firefox, but the browser process(iexplore.exe)'s affinity setting change is needed. This program balance CPU assinging, but CPU affinity setting influences all over the browser process, so we don't recommend using this program to Internet Explorer.
Opera:Setting affinity flag to process(opera.exe) same as Internet Explorer.
|OS||Windows8.1（Other versions may not happen the problem)|
|Browser||Internet Explorer, Firefox, Opera (Chrome may not happen the problem?)
Opera using PPAPI version Flash Player doesn't happen this problem in my environment.
But in some environment, This tool can't resolve this problem.
- This program is Freeware.
- You can use this program for both commercial use and non-commercial use.
- No warranty.
- Redistribution on the Internet is NOT permitted.
How to use
- After downloading, execute FLAAS_*_*_Setup.exe. Installer launched, setup this program normally.
- After Installing, this program is registered to startup program, executed automatically on a sign in timing.
- This program stays in a task tray and changes CPU affinity setting automatically.
- If you want to uninstall this program, do normal uninstall way by Windows Control Panel.
- This program is not attached code signing certificates. So Windows or Anti-virus software alerts this program. We check virus by normal Anti-virus software, but you need checking your network safety and you have to execute this program at your own risk.
- This program is only temporarily avoiding Flash Player plug-in bug. If Flash Player (or OS) is fixed, you have to uninstall this program. If the problem is fixed, we will announce it on this page if we can check it.
- This program is nothing relation with Adobe. Don't contact to Adobe about this program.
|2015/03/19 Ver.1.3||FLAAS automatically exiting bug is fixed|
|2015/03/09 Ver.1.2||Opera support added(NPAPI version only)|
|2014/06/17 Ver.1.1||Fix implementation for the Internet Explorer process.|
|2014/06/15 Ver.1.0||Public version.|